Tysoe. Windmill

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1939 (c.)

Description:View of Tysoe windmill. 1930s

This windmill lies on the borders of two parishes, Tysoe and Compton Wynyates.

Built during the early 18th century. 12 sided, barrel shaped stone tower with batter. 4 common sails, aluminium covered conical cap with finial & tail projection for winding gear, 2 pairs stones and all machinery. Ceased work after lightning stike in 1915. New sails 1935. Partial restoration 1951. Final restoration 1968-75 by D. Ogden at the expense of the owner The Marquess of Northampton.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:PH, 352/183/20, img: 3137 (3/2875)

Source: Heritage and Culture Warwickshire, Warwickshire County Council

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.