Hitchman Fountain, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:Not Recorded

Description:

Colour postcard

By Harvey Barton (P3A)

87mm x 136mm

This postcard depicts the Hitchman Fountain in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa.

The Hitchman Fountain was built in 1869 to commemorate the life of Dr John Hitchman (1805-1867), who encouraged the use of Leamington's spa waters for medicinal purposes. Hitchman moved to Leamington in 1840 where he practised as a doctor. He was friends with Dr Amos Middleton and Dr Henry Jephson, who also promoted the use of Leamington's waters.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref: LEAMG : M3785.1993.2 (75/27340)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.