Jephson Memorial in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:Not Recorded

Description:

Christopher Noble

Jephson Memorial

Ink on paper

130mm x 110mm

This was hand printed by Christopher Noble in 1977 for the Ibis Gallery in Leamington Spa. The Jephson Memorial is in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa. It was built in May 1848 in honour of Dr Henry Jephson (1798-1878), who encouraged the use of Leamington's spa waters for medicinal purposes. The memorial comprises of a Corinthian Temple, designed by D G Squirhill, which contains Peter Hollins' statue of Jephson.

© Christopher Noble


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington
Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington

Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington c.1860 The Jephson Memorial is in the Jephson ...

1960s
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

A Massey-Ferguson tractor is standing in the Jephson Gardens while a gardener sits ...

1970s
Fountain in Jephson Gardens
Fountain in Jephson Gardens

This photograph of a fountain in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa, was taken ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M3746.1993.19 (69/18763)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.