Spencer Street, Leamington Spa. Independent Chapel

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:Not Recorded

Description:

A sepia photograph.


This photograph shows the Independent Chapel on Spencer Street, Leamington Spa. The Spencer Street Chapel was built in 1836 by the Nonconformist Church of Leamington, that was led by Reverend Alfred Pope. The first Nonconformist Church in Leamington was opened in 1816 by the Reverend J. Angel James, on Clemens Street. As the number of worshippers grew, it was decided to move to a larger site, and this Chapel was one of the first buildings on Spencer Street

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M2056.1958.3 (69/18456)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.