Rugby. Grazier's Arms

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1880 - 1889 (c.)

Description:The Grazier's Arms, Church Street, Rugby, between 1875 and 1898. The Grazier's Arms was occupied by John Reynolds for over 40 years. He died in the latter part of 1874. On February 15th 1875 the inn was sold to the Northampton Brewery Co. for £2,750. According to the Rugby Advertiser of January 22nd 1898 the name was changed to "The Great Central Railway Hotel". In the Rugby Directory of 1900 it still appears as the Grazier's Arms and in the Rugby Directory of 1901 it appears as the Central Hotel. 1880s


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Rugby.  Town Hall exhibition
Rugby. Town Hall exhibition

Exhibition of art and other exhibits in The Town Hall, Rugby. 1862

1890s
Rugby.  Sheep Street, The Shambles
Rugby. Sheep Street, The Shambles

People standing in The Shambles, Sheep Street, Rugby. Circa 1892

1910s
Rugby.  Coronation Day
Rugby. Coronation Day

Crowds in the Market Place, Rugby, at the coronation of George V. 1911

1930s
Rugby.  Market Place
Rugby. Market Place

Removal of the Cabbies' shelter in Market Place, Rugby. 1933

1950s
Rugby.  George Hotel
Rugby. George Hotel

The George Hotel in the Market Place, Rugby. 1955

1980s
Rugby.  North Street, Plaza Cinema
Rugby. North Street, Plaza Cinema

Plaza Cinema later renamed the Granada, Rugby. 1983

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:T, 725.72, img: 6167 (3/5590)

Source: Heritage and Culture Warwickshire, Warwickshire County Council

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.