Street Show Museum Postcard

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:29th of May 1975

Description:A colour postcard from Street Show Museum in Somerset depicting a scene inside a shoe maker's workshop. There is a typed message on the reverse and the postcard has been signed. It is dated 29 May 1975.

Southorn was establised in 1825 by William Southorn. In 1847 the company moved to The Parade, where it remained until 1980, when it moved to Warwick Street. When the company closed in 1996 six generations of the Southorn family had worked there. Until the 1950s Southorn was very well known for making bespoke riding boots.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Ostrich Skin
Ostrich Skin

A piece of ostrich skin used to make bags and shoes at Southorn boot makers in Leamington ...

Stock Book
Stock Book

Stock book for Miss Holt ladies' shoe maker from 3 May 1847. Thomas Southorn bought ...

J.T. Southorn, Exterior
J.T. Southorn, Exterior

Sepia photograph of the exterior of J.T. Southorn on The Parade in Leamington Spa. ...

Minute Book
Minute Book

Minute book from Southorn boot makers in Leamington Spa. It contains the typed minutes ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M4700.2010.46 (70/28894)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.