Hitchman Fountain, Jephson Gardens Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:May 1968

Description:

Colour photograph

88mm x 88mm

The Hitchman Fountain in the Jephson Gardens, May 1968.

The Hitchman Fountain was built in 1869 to commemorate the life of Dr John Hitchman (1805-1867), who encouraged the use of Leamington's spa waters for medicinal purposes. Hitchman moved to Leamington in 1840 where he practised as a doctor. He was friends with Dr Amos Middleton and Dr Henry Jephson, who also promoted the use of Leamington's waters.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Harrington House - Horse Box Name Plate
Harrington House - Horse Box Name Plate

A rectangular metal horse box name plate which has been painted black and has a ...

1920s
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Black and white photograph150mm x 188mmThe cafe at the foot of the clock tower in ...

1940s
Lodge Entrance, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Lodge Entrance, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Black and white photograph201mm x 249mmThe lodges at the entrance to the Jephson ...

1970s
Davis Clock Tower, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Davis Clock Tower, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Black and white photograph 133mm x 95mm This photograph features the Davis Clock ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref: LEAMG : M3767.1993.86 (75/27136)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.