Stratford upon Avon.Old Town Railway Station, steam engine

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1890 - 1899 (c.)

Description:Steam engine E & W J. R. 0-6-0 No.4, built by Beyer Peacock (Manchester) in 1885 and withdrawn from service and scrapped in 1930. Engine pictured standing in Stratford Old Town station in the early 1890s.
[The correct location of this photograph is the A4390 Seven Sisters roundabout by Greenways car park and Old Town Mews. This was the site of the Midland Junction Railway Station. The road is in fact built on the old trackbed.]

Share:


Donor ref:PH, 352/172/449, img: 2775 (3/2542)

Source: Heritage and Culture Warwickshire, Warwickshire County Council

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.