Lights of Leamington, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:Not Recorded

Description:

Black and white postcard of the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa.

Night scene during the Lights of Leamington showing illuminated flower beds and fountains. Willes Obelisk is just off centre to the left and the steeple of All Saints Parish Church can be seen above the trees in the distance. The first Lights of Leamington was the town's contribution to the Festival of Britain in 1951. It then took place every summer until 1961.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M3755.1993.109 (69/18865)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.