Jephson Memorial in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1935 - 1952 (c.)

Description:

A postcard of the Jephson Memorial in the Jephson Gardens, printed by Valentine and Son between 1935-1952.

The Jephson Memorial is in the Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa. It was built in May 1848 in honour of Dr Henry Jephson (1798-1878), who encouraged the use of Leamington's spa waters for medicinal purposes. The memorial comprises of a Corinthian Temple, which contains Peter Hollins' statue of Jephson.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington
Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington

Dr Jephson's Monument, Leamington c.1860 The Jephson Memorial is in the Jephson ...

1920s
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

This sepia postcard features a view of the Jephson Gardens in Leamington Spa. The ...

1960s
Jephson Memorial, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa
Jephson Memorial, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa

A Massey-Ferguson tractor is standing in front of the Jephson Memorial in the Jepshson ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M2061.1958.2 (69/18465)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.