Bath Street, Leamington Spa

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.



Leamington, Bath Street, Bath Hotel, Theatre And New Assembly Rooms

Bath Hotel, originally known as New Inn, was opened by William Abbotts in 1786. The hotel may have been used to house visitors to Leamington Spa's first bathhouse, which was opened by Abbotts and Benjamin Satchwell in 1788. Abbotts and Satchwell built the bathhouse after they discovered the second saline spring in Leamington in 1784. It is the small building to the bottom right of this image. This print was published by John Merridew in 1822

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M668.1923 (69/18331)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.