Jephson Gardens Medal

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:12th of May 1846

Description:

English medal, 12th May 1846


Diameter 50mm


Medal struck to commemorate the opening of the Jephson Gardens in honor of the notable physician Dr Henry Jephson. The obverse bears his portrait in high relief and the inscription 'HENRY JEPHSON ESQUIRE M.D.'. The reverse has a raised outline of his home, Beech Lawn, with the inscription 'BEECH LAWN LEAMINGTON/ THE RESIDENCE OF H.JEPHSON ESQ.M.D'. Beech Lawn used to stand where the Fire Station is now, on the corner of Dale Street and Warwick Street, Leamington Spa.

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LEAMG : M960.1926.1 (66/16528)

Source: Leamington Spa Art Gallery and Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.