Date: 1950 - 1959 (c.)
Description: A derelict tower windmill at Rowington. The old name is "Bouncing Bess". 1950s
Three storey, red brick tower which had been built by 1789. Boat cap, 2 pairs of stones, upright shaft and some machinery (but no windshaft & brakewheel). Sails struck by lighting June 1888. Worked by steam to around 1916. Used as a Prisoner of War dormitory for a short time during the 1914-18 war. Converted to a house in 1978.